MBBS, FRCS – Urology
54 Years Experience Overall (48 years as specialist)
Contact No –
Medical Registration Verified
Dr. Mohan Chand Seal is a Urologist in Salt Lake, Kolkata and has an experience of 54 years in this field.
Dr. Mohan Chand Seal practices at Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals in Salt Lake, Kolkata and Charnock Hospital in Teghoria, Kolkata.
He completed MBBS from University of Calcutta in 1969, MS from University of Calcutta in 1973 and FRCS – Urology from Edinburgh, (UK) in 1975.
He is a member of Life member of Association of surgeons of India, Life member of Urology Association of India and Life member of West Bengal Urology Association. Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Blood in Urine (Hematuria) Treatment, Prostate Laser Surgery,Laparoscopy, Dysmenorrhea Treatment and Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment etc.
- Senior Consultant Surgeon of ESI Hospital Manicktala, Kolkata in 1977 to 1990.
- Ex-consultant in South Eastern Railway Hospital, Gardenrrach,Kolkata in 1980 to 1990.
- Founder of Dialysis Unit at Belle Vue Clinic in 1977
- Started Kidney Transplant Unit at Belle Vue Clinic in 1988.
- Chief Surgeon of Kidney Transplant Unit at Belle Vue clinic to 1996
- Ex Director Chief Urologist Transplant surgeon Calcutta Urology Research Centre Pvt. Ltd
- Director of kidney Transplant Centre and Professor of Urology in College of Medical Sciences Bharatpur, Nepal.
- Sr. Consultant in Urology & Renal Transplant, Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata.
- Register and resident Surgeon at National Medical College, Kolkata for 18 months.
- Under-graduate teacher at London Hospital, London for 2 yrs.
- Under-Graduate teacher at National Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata for 7 yrs.
- Post Graduate Thesis Examiner of Calcutta University in MD Examination.
- Ranked first in MBBS examination in Calcutta University with honours in Chemistry.
- Ranked first in MMS examination from Calcutta National Medical College and was awarded Dr. Soorjee Coomer Sarbadhikari Gold Medal.
- Awarded Capt. Narendranath Dutt Gold Medal for securing the highest marks in Medicine, Surgery and Midwefery in Calcutta National Medical College.
- Awarded Dr. Biren Das memorial Medal for securing highest marks in aggregate in all subjects and proficiency in MBBS examination from Calcutta National Medical College.
- Awarded the College Medal, Dr. A.K. Pal Memorial Medal and Amiya Devi Medal for proficiency in Obstetrics and Gynecology in the University examination from Calcutta Medical College in the final year of MBBS.
- Awarded Monomohan Ghosh and Certificate of Honor Memorial Medal for proficiency in Surgery in the University examination from Calcutta National Medical College.
- Awarded Ramesh Chandra Sen Memorial Gold medal for proficiency in Biochemistry & Organic chemistry in the Honours examination of the subject from the Calcutta National Medical College.
- Awarded Gold Medal from IPGMER for securing first position in M.S. examination from Calcutta University.
- Awarded Schoenhaimar Memorial Medal for proficiency in Biochemistry in the Honours examination of the subject from Calcutta national Medical college.
- Awarded College Medal for proficiency in Chemistry in the Honours examination of the subject from Calcutta National Medical College.
- Awarded College Scholarship/Freestudentship award for proficiency in Annual examinatio of M.B.B.S from Calcutta National Medical College.
- Awarded a medal for proficiency in examination in General Surgery from the Institute of the Post Gradute medical Education & Research, Kolkata.
- Have already performed 691 kidney Transplantations.
- Have the unique honor of the longest surviving Cadaver Transplant patient in India, who is also the only surviving Cadaver Transplant patient in West Bengal till today, operated on 6th June 1988.
- Joined as director Professor of Transplant unit College of Medical science, Bharatpur Medical College Nepal.
- Member of Indian Medical Council.
- Member of West Bengal Medical Council.
- Permanent member of British Medical Council(on overseas list now).
- Full member of Medical Council.
I started urology nearly 40 years back but presently my main interest being Renal Transplant.
- Regarding main information to MALE patients are Disease involving Prostate. Prostate are present only in males at the junction of Urinary Bladder & begining of urinary passage called Urethra It is one of the Sexual gland & increases in size as one grow older. It may not have any problem but in some individuals it is partially or fully blocks urine flow resulting difficulty in passing urine. It could be non cancerous called ‘BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERTROPHY ‘ which initially treated by number of medicines with very good response. But when they fail, one need opertion & in 90% cases no cutting is necessary. But quite often or not, it could be cancer which may be life threatening. Today it is treatable.
- In female mainly it is Recurrent Urinary Infection. The cause of it is different in differnt ages. There are also a reason for repeated infection which need to be diagnosed & the need to be treated instead repeated use of Antibiotcs. One has to consult an Urologist.
- For any person to live a Normal life – One Kidney is sufficient. In case of Renal failure both the kidneys are diseased causing serious problems. Even 30 yrs back it was non treatable. Today it is curable. Dialysis in any form is Temporary measure to avoid any complication & death. Permanent option being KIDNEY TRANSPLANT. Any healthy person who are not DIABETIC or HAVE HIGH Blood Pressure can donate kidney to his loved ones. Only thing to remember, that, Drug need to be taken for rest of life. It is a costly operation but ultimately continuing Dialysis rest of life with all its Complications & Hazards works out more costly & loss of life & limited life pattern.
Apollo Multispeciality Hospitals Kolkata Address & Contact details